Sian WardBy Sian Walker, Student Ambassador about to complete the BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS 

I have been a Student Ambassador for almost two years and it has been an excellent opportunity to get more involved in the life of my University. I wanted to meet new people and learn more about the University and I have certainly done that. I have helped at various events, including Open Days, tours and much more. I do various events in between my studies and socialising with friends.

I love doing Open Days because it is a time to work with my friends and express my feelings about the University. My friend Liam and I, who are both training to be teachers, like to work on the Education stall. In fact, we compete to get to a prospective teacher first to introduce ourselves and our course. We end up team tagging as we are really enthusiastic about what we do. One of the reasons I chose Birmingham City University over other universities was the friendly environment when I came for my interview.

The Open Day is coming up very soon on 16 June 2012. If you are coming along, it will be great fun and exciting and will give you a very good insight into the University. You will have the opportunity to speak to current students and ask questions about University and what life here is all about. You will also have the chance to have a tour of the campus and accommodation. The tour is really worthwhile as it is a great chance to see where you may be coming to. You will be able to go and hear more about the course which you are applying for.

University is a chance to meet people who will be friends for life, as well as giving you the qualifications with which to launch your career and important life skills. I have loved my three years at Birmingham City University and would recommend it to anyone. I will be there at the Open Day if anyone wants to speak about my course or generally what University life is all about.

Learn more about our June Open Day