Michelle Dzumbunu

Michelle Dzumbunu

Michelle Dzumbunu, Birmingham City Business School student

After receiving my offer to study at Birmingham City University, I was invited to an Applicant day specifically tailored for my course. I got the opportunity to listen to talks from the lecturers in the department I would be based, providing a more detailed overview of my course. To me reading through a prospectus was not the same as coming to visit the University in person. Listening to the business school lecturers, meeting current students and going on a campus tour viewing the facilities in person helped me to make the right decision.

What attracted me to my course were the wide variety of modules offered throughout the 3 years that I had not been able to find in other University courses. Also, it was significant to me that in the Business School all the lecturers had heavy industry experience, this was personally reassuring knowing that I would not just be getting taught out of a book and would be prepared at my time at the University for when I decided to pursue a placement or a graduate job.

Marketing being such a significant part of everyday life I’ve enjoyed learning new things from both books and lecturers and being able to see the evidence clearly around me. Another one of my favourite aspects would have to be the range of exciting extracurricular opportunities offered to students within the business school.

Outside my course, one thing I love about BCU is that the lecturers are friendly and approachable which I know is not always the case when attending large Universities. Also the Student’s Union makes a great effort when it comes to arranging activities and events constantly meaning there’s always something to do and get involved in outside curricular hours!

After I graduate I plan to pursue a career based on my degree. I plan to go on a placement year in my third year to help me decide the area I would and wouldn’t like to specialise in and also whether I would prefer to work in house, agency and maybe even one day freelance!