Fabio Torres, 20, Media and Communications (Television) student

I have just recently finished my first year and I am delighted with all of the opportunities that I have had so far. Due to my proactive nature, I have had the chance to be involved in some pretty exciting projects through connections with BCU; from working with the BBC production team in the drama series Doctors to being shortlisted as one of the finalists for the annual Sky Scholarship Scheme, a two-week placement opportunity down at their London headquarters.

As a media student, I have a big passion for what goes on behind the cameras but I have always been intrigued by what goes on in front of them as well. It’s fascinating how a great acted piece can affect other people’s lives in any capacity. I am definitely not an actor but it was fun having the chance to be on the other side and doing something different for a change!

With Results Day just around the corner, I thought it would be useful to share my top tips for anyone who may need to apply to Birmingham City University through Clearing (the theme of this video).

• Has your call been put on hold? There is no need to stress about it. Once you have done everything you can, the reply will come soon enough!
  • Thinking about changing courses? It’s always good to make informed decisions, especially when applying for a degree. Make sure that it is something that you are passionate about and that you would really love to do!
  • Concerned about calling the Clearing Hotline? This might seem scary but you are not the only one in that position! There will always be someone qualified and properly trained to give you advice on what to do and help you along the way.
  • Finally, the sooner you start seeing your alternative options the better – always be prepared for any eventuality!

And if you haven’t seen my video debut, this is it!