Dhunsyam DajiDhunsyam Daji , MSc in Business Intelligence student

My attendance at a Birmingham City University Postgraduate Open Event was the main reason why I stayed on at this university after my undergraduate course in Information and Communications Technology.

The main benefits were:

• My parents could attend and see where I would be studying
  • They could see the facilities offered by the university
  • I met staff and got advice about similar options

I did my HND at Birmingham City University too, which I finished in 2012. Afterwards, I decided to top up my Bachelor’s Degree to a BSc (Hons) in Information and Communications Technology, which I then finished in 2013.

In the summer of 2013, I started an MSc in Business Intelligence. This has allowed me to continue my marketing roles within the university and gain a promotion and more experience. In addition, I have been hired as a Visiting Lecturer and a Course Representative which allows for feedback opportunities. These look great on your CV and this is what Birmingham City University does best. It’s not just a degree. It gives you the chance to voice your opinions, collaborate on live projects and gain leading industry qualifications.

Finally, I have made many friends from all over the world and the memories I have I will never forget. What will happen after 2014? Who knows? PGCE at Birmingham City University? Maybe a PHD or a job?

Our next Postgraduate Open Event will be on Wednesday 19 November 2014, 2pm-7pm. Book your place now